15 September 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

The squire was put out; and when he was put out he had a trick of placing his hands on his knees and whistling softly to himself. Molly knew this phase of his displeasure, and only hoped he would confine himself to this wordless expression of annoyance.

From Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell, p. 261.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fantastic Teaser! I am going to add this to my TBR list. http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/footsteps-in-dark-teaser-tuesdays.html

Teddyree said...

a very intriguing teaser, could this be an abusive relationship?
Here's my Teaser

jlshall said...

Great teaser! I've started this book a couple of times, but never could stick with it to the end. Maybe I'll give it one more try.

My teaser's here.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful teaser - I have the book, but it is one have to findthe right moment for.

Amat Libris said...

Jennifer: I love it when that happens!

Teddyree: I was tempted to answer that question, but decided to be mysterious and say: read it and find out!

jlshall: Good luck!

fleurfisher: Better choose a long moment, because this is one big book.

Wendi said...

Great teaser - I just love to hear that soft whistling when someone REALLY knows how to whistle :)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Dorte H said...

Oh, a terribly tempting teaser!

Brenda said...

Sounds very interesting!

The Social Frog said...

Very nice teaser! Sounds like a great book, I've been thinking about reading it.

Nise' said...

Good teaser. This is on my TBR someday list.

Lisa said...

Good teaser! I wonder what he does when he gets really annoyed.

My teaser is here.

Lisa said...

good one!

here's mine!

Beth said...

I loved this book and I love your header! Here is my Teaser.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776