03 September 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Recent Big

What’s the biggest book you’ve read recently?

(Feel free to think “big” as size, or as popularity, or in any other way you care to interpret.)

To take the first interpretation, the biggest book I’ve read recently is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. At long last! Loved it, loved it, loved it, and really must find the time to review it.

As for the second ... I’ve barely started it, but I have to mention Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. All 914 pages of it! That book is going to keep me happy for weeks to come.

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I adored The Book Thief!

Booking through Big

Amy said...

Great minds think alike! I went back and checked . . mine's actually 661. That seems a little more reasonable.

christine (booktumbling) said...

The Book Thief is set on my radar everytime I go to the second hand bookstore. They are sick of me asking if it is in.

Schatzi said...

Haven't read any Gaskell yet, but she's on my list. My biggest recently (the past fortnight) was Little Women.

Amy said...

The Pillars of the Earth. 1088 pages. 4 days. That’s over 270 pages a day. Not because I loved the book (it was o.k.).Because I had an exam coming up and couldn't effort to procrastinate. Right now, reading The Book Thief. At page 263. Hoping to finish it by tomorrow.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776