01 November 2007

Booking Through Thursday: Oh, Horror!

What with yesterday being Halloween, and all ... do you read horror? Stories of things that go bump in the night and keep you from sleeping?

I thought about asking you about whether you were participating in NaNoWriMo, but I asked that last year. Although ... if you want to answer that one, too, please feel free to go ahead and do both, or either, your choice!

I do read scary stories to an extent. I love a good spook, and did once read a volume of M. R. James by torchlight during a storm-induced blackout (leaving my mother with a rather dubious opinion of my sanity). But with the exception of Dracula and possibly Anne Rice, I’m not sure how much of what I read would be shelved under Horror at the bookshop - I like spooky, not terrifying, and not too heavy on the bloodshed.

And I’m not even thinking about NaNoWriMo. It’s something I’ve always wanted to try, but November is exam month so by the time they were done it would be more like the National Novel Writing Fortnight! Besides which, the novel which is under construction in my head will be far longer than 50 000 words.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And all the best with your exams! :)

Literary Feline said...

What a great time to read a spooky story! That sounds like something I might do too. :-)

Good luck with your exams this month.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776