02 July 2007

It's Meme Time Again!

Nylusmilk over at The Literary Pursuit tagged me for this; good timing, too, since I’ve been meaning to count up my books and ended up with rather more time on my hands today than I expected.

1. Total Number of Books I Own: Not including textbooks, 328. Although depending on how you define ‘book’, that could be a slight understatement. If you count multiple titles in a single volume as more than one, it’s actually 337. The total includes 65 that are TBR, 51 that have overflowed into the spare room, and 52 scattered about my bedroom. I really should spring-clean. Maybe in spring....

2. Last Book I Bought: Fearless by Julia Holden for the Non-Fiction 5 Challenge, and Stargazing: Memoirs of a Young Lighthouse Keeper by Peter Hill, which has now fitted neatly into the Armchair Traveller Challenge.

3. Last Book I Read: Blood and Gold by Anne Rice; read but not yet reviewed.

4. Five Books that Mean a Lot to Me: The Strawberry Tree by Ruth Rendell; The Riders by Tim Winton; Possession by A.S. Byatt; Chocolat by Joanne Harris; and Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss.

5. Tag five people: If you want to do it, go for it. (Hey, it’s Monday. The kind that gives Mondays a bad name.)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome meme. I think my collection is around 400, but that includes school text and coffee table books.

Anonymous said...

the only reason i like chocolat is for the heavenly description of vianne rocher's chocolate shop! and i love lynne truss's book too, i never realise how important punctuation is!

Bookfool said...

I can't count my books, unfortunately. It's good and bad. I really ought never to have to buy another book, but they do take quite a bit of space.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776