20 July 2007

Booking Through Thursday: Just Wild About Harry

1. Okay, love him or loathe him, you’ have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?

2. If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?

3. If you’re not going to read it, why not?

4.And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?

1. Definitely!

2. Probably not for ages! I’ve only read the first four books in the series, so I’ll have to catch up before getting to number 7. I want to go back through the series from the beginning, but haven’t yet been at the library on a day when Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone has actually been on shelf at a branch I can get to. Though I believe my stash of loose change would cover the charges for putting holds on them . . . This is the problem with moving interstate; I can no longer borrow the books from my friend’s little brother! And since I get my books from libraries rather than shops, there will be no parties for me (and definitely not any of the midnight variety; the launch here is at a much more civilised hour!)

3. N/A.

4. I hope that Harry will survive, and crush Voldemort into non-existence in the process. I’m not sure who’ll be killed off, but I really hope it’s not Ron or Hermione – I’d love to see them end up together. Perhaps it will be one of the Hogwarts staff ... speaking of which, I’m looking forward to finding out whether Snape is one of the good guys, like I think.

It’s a shame that I didn’t think to organise my reading and go back through the series before the release of the final installment, because I just know that however hard I try to avoid finding out what happens, I’ll overhear something that will give it away. I’m trying to cheer myself up by reflecting that I found out that Bruce Willis’s character was dead before I saw The Sixth Sense and still loved it, so maybe it won’t be completely spoiled....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you might have to literally hide under a rock not to find out the ending before you read it yourself!

Literary Feline said...

I wanted to reread the books before this last one, but I didn't fit in to my reading schedule. It will give me a good excuse to reread them all later, I suppose.

I do hope you are able to remain spoilerless until you reach the end. I imagine it will be even harder than keeping the secrets of the 6th book at bay.

Brissiemum2 said...

I haven't read the last book yet but will be buying the latest one at some stage. I read some supposed spoilers on the internet last night. If they are true then I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I did go and see the latest movie the other night and thought it was great. Much better than expected even though there was a queue of about 150 people ahead of me to get into the cinema.

Oh and I see you are reading Lean Mean Thirteen. I just love Stephanie! Read it a few weeks ago.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776