25 January 2009

The Centuries Challenge

Centuries Challenge

Last of all in my post-Bookfest challenge sign-up binge is the Centuries Challenge. Mercifully this is an all-year challenge - not that I think it would have stopped me joining if it wasn’t. I’m not going to let myself get carried away, and will choose only four books from four different centuries to read:

Metamorphoses - Ovid (1st century)
Three Restoration Comedies - Congreve/Etherege/Wycherley (17th century)
A Sicilian Romance - Ann Radcliffe (18th century)
Sister Carrie - Theodore Dreiser (20th century; overlap with What’s in a Name? 2)

With all these challenges it will be some time before I’ll be at a loss as to what to read next!

No comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776