18 February 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Olympic Reading

You may have noticed–the Winter Olympics are going on. Is that affecting your reading time? Have you read any Olympics-themed books? What do you think about the Olympics in general? Here’s your chance to discuss!

Is it affecting my reading time? No. I’m not really reading much of anything at the moment. It has, however, enabled me to get more non-reading stuff done by ensuring that there’s nothing worth watching on Channel 9 after 9.30.

Have I read any Olympics-themed books? A better question would be, Have I read any sport-themed books? And the answer would be a resounding No.

What do I think of the Olympics in general? As you can perhaps guess from the two preceding answers, not much. Overrated and overemphasised. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only Australian who doesn’t live for sport; I don’t even pay attention to the football results. (Though I might if Canberra didn’t lose so often.)

5 comments:

IceJewel said...

lol..nice ! we think on the same lines :) I thought I'm alone here who is so much disinterested in sports !

Here's mine :
http://icejewel.blogspot.com/2010/02/booking-through-thursday3-olympic.html

Amat Libris said...

I feel so much better about my utter lack of sporting interest now!

Dorte H said...

Yesterday I would have said that I barely noticed the Olympics. But last night my husband began watching the Danish curling women, and what happened? I followed the game until half past two! I have a headache today, but what am I doing: watching our Danish team during my blogging round. Amazing, and my husband cannot help laughing at me.

notablyindigo said...

I didn't even realize that the Olympics were going on until we were a few days into it, so that shows how much I care about 'em! The thing that kills my reading time is school. I'd much rather read novels than chemistry, that's for sure.

DeLynne said...

I am another Aussie book blogger who doesn't follow sport! We haven't watched the Olympics at all, although I did notice that Austar had 'Blades of Glory' on. Love your blog and will be checking back regularly.

http://baja-greenawalts-cozybooknook.blogspot.com/

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776