04 April 2009

Blog Improvement Project: Link Exchange

Blog Improvement Project Book review link exchanging. I’ve seen it done, and thought, I should think about doing that. It was the most recent Weekly Geeks topic, and I thought, I really should think about doing that. Now it’s the latest task in the Blog Improvement Challenge, and I thought, I should do that!. The trouble has been working out an effective way of doing so. I only have so much time to spend surfing the internet; I’ve got a monthly download limit; and I’ve got an archive of 200-odd reviews. Hence going review-hunting every time I want to post one of my own, much less systematically going through my archive, isn’t going to work.

Instead I’ve settled on a more haphazard but more economical method. During the course of my normal blog reading - especially Semicolon and challenge blogs - I’ll start collecting up URLs of reviews of books that I’ve reviewed or have TBR. When I can manage it, I’ll sift through people’s archives one blog at a time. Every few weeks, depending on how many I get, I’ll go on an editing spree through my archive. Also, I’ve added an invitation to my sidebar which I will repeat here:

If you see a review here of a book you’ve also reviewed, feel free to leave a comment with a link which I can add to my post. If you’ve got a bit of time on your hands, go through my reviews index to see which books we have in common and email me a list of links - and please link back in return.

It might take a bit of time, but eventually I will have good selection of well-linked reviews.

1 comment:

fantaghiro23 said...

Hi! I love your blog, so here's an award for you!

http://fantaghiro23.blogspot.com/2009/04/awards-awards.html

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776