12 March 2009

Weekly Geeks: A Quote a Day #6

It may be possible to do without dancing entirely. Instances have been known of young people passing many, many months successively, without being at any ball of any description, and no material injury accrue to either body or mind; - but when a beginning is made - when the felicities of rapid motion have once been, though slightly, felt - it must be a very heavy set that does not ask for more.
- Emma, p. 186

Quote #1
Quote #2
Quote #3
Quote #4
Quote #5

1 comment:

Dorte H said...

I have just read and enjoyed all your Austen quotations. Northanger Abbey and Emma are particular favourites of mine :)

I stumbled upon your review of Rendell´s No More Dying Then, and to some extent I agree with you. I am probably more fond of Rendell´s books than you, but agree that Burden loses his head here. I have written three long posts about Reg Wexford recently, because part of what fascinates me about him is the long period he has been around. He and Burden have actually developed a lot, which is exactly what I have focused on (my latest post is from today if you should be interested).

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776