25 January 2009

The Victorian Challenge

Victorian Challenge

I love nineteenth-century literature, so I was thrilled to discover this challenge. I’ll be doing the “Tour of the British Museum” option of five books before the end of June, most of them written during the period:

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë (re-read)
Cousin Phyllis and other stories - Elizabeth Gaskell
Far From the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy (re-read)
The Woman in Black - Susan Hill
Barchester Towers - Anthony Trollope

I can’t wait to get started on this one!

1 comment:

Marg said...

I am doing this challenge as well. I have read Gaskell before, but I didn't think to add her as one of my options and I have been meaning to read Susan Hill for years.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776