31 January 2008

What’s in a Name? Challenge

What’s in a Name? Challenge It finally occurred to me the other day that after restocking my TBR box at the Bookfest I might actually have books to fit all these categories! And sure enough, I do, so I am finally joining up. Five challenges before the end of January - overcommitted? Who, me?

Colour: The Ebony Tower by John Fowles
Animal: The Dogs of War by Frederick Forsyth
First name: The Key to Rebecca by Ken Follett
Place: The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
Weather event: Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffmann
Plant: Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland


4 comments:

Bookfool said...

I've read The Key to Rebecca, The House on the Strand and Turtle Moon. All were great reads for different reasons.

Tasha said...

I hope you enjoy The Messenger. I read it recently and absolutely loved it, and I am now reading The Book Thief. I look forward to reading your review.

Debi said...

Welcome to the challenge! Thanks for joining in! I hope you enjoy it!

Deb said...

What? Turtle Moon? How's that a weather event? :]
Just kidding... I'm from FL so I know what that means. I feel overly committed to the reading challenges, too. But, you know, we need eachother to reach our reading goals! I read several on your list and can see that you're going to have a great time this year in the books.
Deb
http://boundtobebookish.wordpress.com

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776