31 January 2008

Royalty Rules Challenge

Royalty Rules Challenge The Magic of Ink has a wonderful idea for a challenge: A royal theme! From 1 Feb to 30 April, the challenge is to read from two to four books that somehow feature a royal (real or otherwise). I’ve decided to take the middle road and read three:

William’s Wife by Jean Plaidy (Mary II)
Anthony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare (The Queen of the Nile)
Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey (Richard III)
Which should be, er, royally entertaining!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm currently reading The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. If I had more than a few minutes at a time to read, it could easily be read in one sitting. It's about the Queen of England who suddenly becomes obsessed with reading. It's pretty funny.

Amat Libris said...

I've had The Uncommon Reader on my must-read list since I first heard of it. Wouldn't it be the perfect book for this challenge?

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776