09 August 2007

The Moaning Meme

I really was going to leave this one alone. But after today ... I. Need. To. VENT!

5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them:

- Early morning. Long day. Feeling lazy (or perhaps just tired out by all the whingeing I’m about to do). So - if you want to whine, go right ahead.

4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth:

- Bullies (preferably with the vaporisation backdated to, say, 1991).
- Sex offenders (all varieties).
- Terrorists (ditto).
- Queensland premier Peter Beattie and all who helped vote him back into power at the last state election (first: the water crisis, health crisis, electricity crisis, infrastructure crisis, indigenous affairs crisis, emergency services crisis, everything else crisis. Then: his head-in-the-sand refusal to even think of considering fluoride in the drinking water, recycled water in the drinking water, or daylight saving. And now: forced local council amalgamations, plus his decision to a. ban referendums for those affected, and b. sack - lock, stock, and barrel - any council that holds one anyway).

3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently:

- Get in my way. This includes: standing chatting in the middle of walkways; not keeping left on escalators; sitting at the aisle side of facing seats on the train and not getting up to let me out but merely turning sideways; slow people ahead of me at any time. And the annoyance factor doubles when these people look annoyed with me for bumping into them on my way past.
- Abuse, misuse, or fail to use apostrophes. (As the case may be.) Particularly disconcerting when a certain lecturer of mine does it, since unpunctuated can’t and won’t form actual English words which look totally out of place in a science lecture.
- Fail to adequately control their children in public. This being Exhibition time, there’ll be plenty of opportunity for moaning about this; the train this evening was packed with kids hyped up on sugar and clutching their showbags. And shrieking, howling, crying.... Also in this category are free-range toddlers. Being a brisk walker, a two-foot terror suddenly stepping out in front of me means having to pull up short so fast as to almost leave skid marks on the pavement. Not to mention worrying that one day I’ll trip over one.

2 things you find yourself moaning about:

- My lack of experience, people skills, extracurricular activities, discernible personality, etc, etc, and how much my post-graduation career prospects are likely to suffer as a result.
- My lack of money for essentials like train tickets and books.

1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself:

- That I should have gotten myself a weekend job back around 2001 instead of concentrating my efforts on avoiding people (and, that most of my annoyances are caused by other people. Sort that one out, if you can).

RULES: Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about! Be as honest as possible, This is about letting people get to know the real you! Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly! Post these rules at the end of every meme!

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Whew! I can feel your frustration just from reading your post. I found myself nodding throughout your list. I'm afraid I do not know your premier and so wouldn't be able to begin to comment on him. I admit though that I would love to see daylight savings time in California go bye bye.

Anonymous said...

Ah uncontrollable children. May God have mercy on your soul.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776